House / January 23, 2019 / Adreanna Marie
The architects transformed a former stable building and warehouse into an expansive and elegant single family residence.
“This project involves alterations and additions to a historic 1830’s building located in the inner city suburb of Fitzroy. Originally operating as private horse stables for a nearby mansion, the triple brick building consists of a double height warehouse space with timber trusses and clerestory windows, adjacent to a two storey hay loft.
A winding mezzanine extends overhead, maintaining visual connection between the two levels to reinforce the notion that this is a house that celebrates “family” as a form of social engagement or gemeinschaft.”